Monday, September 07, 2009

it's finally happpennnnninnnnng!! I'm getting maaaaaarrrriiiieeeeddd!! all happened on new years eve- in proper proposal fashion, and life hasn't been the same ever since! i was super excited to begin with - couldn't stop flashing my ring, and then i realised my precioussss didn't match with anything i wore, and so put it away into a little velvety pouch i now carry with me everywhere - it's not on me, true, but it's with me, so don't go raising eyebrows and judging me! so once the exhilaration had died down, the madness began. And how. i decided to quit work in 6 mnths to throw myself into wedding prep with all my heart and soul. outfits and hairstyles and saree blouses and make-up looks and venues and decoration and music lists and invitations and honeymoon and finances and guest lists and shopping for woolens and shopping for everyday wear and shopping for ethnic wear and planning and designing the new home, and stocking up on cutlery and crockery and blinds and durrees and chasing tailors and chasing photographers and researching career options and scouting for jobs online and surfing a million websites for a million things ranging from bistro sets to necklines. And amidst it all, the fights and the tears and the anger and the frustration and the anxiety. But also the excitement and the anticipation and the daydreaming and endless discussions.

Every night when i go to bed i realise how much i'm going to miss waking up to my mum's irritated voice asking me to please please get out of bed, and how much i'm going to miss the familiarity of my desk and the tv room and the dining room and the drawing room and my parent's room and the kitchen and the cupboards and the windows at home. It hits me with a bang that the faces i take for granted are not going to appear when i open my eyes, and that home is not going to be a 15 minute drive away. Yet every morning when i've washed my face and pushed my glasses onto my nose, i hear a eager voice inside me telling me that i'm soon going to have my own pad to do up the way i want to, and the freedom to make my own rules, and the opportunity to begin life afresh. And i hope and wonder and know and wish that the man i'm giving up my comfort zone for , will support me and be with me and love me and respect me for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health.

Time will tell. And I look forward to it!






3 Comments:

At September 08, 2009 5:09 pm, Blogger ru said...

awww, of course he will

 
At September 10, 2009 2:11 pm, Blogger serendipiduous said...

*hugs*

 
At September 11, 2009 8:29 am, Blogger medusa said...

congratulations!
but it is a blessing to have parents/ other people than two working people at home, they do all the work!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home