Wednesday, May 21, 2008

it's strange. i suddenly feel old. i've never felt this way before- maybe it's because my work involves dealing with students (i still think myself a student incidentally- i like the feeling associated with being a student- the mixture of ambition and easy living and daydreams and campus life) - and though i might be a student in my head (oh what a wonderland it is) forever, the DOB- something-something- 1990 - shakes me out of my 'young' world every time I look at a registration form. 1990 - lord isn't he a lil too young for a master's degree- i mean i just completed mine- and i'm early-80s born - TRIIIING- 'you didn't just complete it silly- that was 2 years ago- maybe more- get over it already'. Horrid. I seem to have reached a point where colleagues my age are complaining of pot bellies and fatigue and stray white hair! WHITE HAIR, I kid you not - NOOOOOO- this can't be happening! I'm frightened, I actually am.

Time's winged chariot is hurtling down Runway 5 at break neck speed I say, and I'm so busy smelling the roses, I haven't noticed. You know what -I think i'll skip the ride, stand on the sidelines, and wave to those aboard.

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2008 12:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, well this feeling is totally temporary, you will get over it. and perhaps by the time u see this, ur already over it..
it is time to smell the roses ;)

 
At July 18, 2008 4:59 pm, Blogger serendipiduous said...

and i will be right there beside you ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home